Most of us usually consume the same meal for breakfast and it becomes a boring routine. However, today we will offer a delicious and healthy breakfast that will help you reduce inflammation and lose the excess weight.
Keeping breakfast interesting is a challenge. I often find myself eating the same thing everyday and it can (and has) become quite boring. This recipe contains what would usually be found on my breakfast plate but in a new way. Avocado baked eggs. It’s as simple as it sounds; bake an egg into an avocado. Not only is it an ingenious way to get amazing protein, good fats, and nutrients into your diet, but it keeps you fuller longer. This recipe is healthy because:
Avocado improves your digestion because it’s so high in fiber. This fiber helps maintain a healthy digestive tract and reduce your risk of colon cancer. It’s also a natural detoxifier. The fiber in avocado promotes regularity which helps eliminate toxins from your colon. This detoxification helps regulate the immune system andreduce inflammation. Avocado is also great for your heart. The natural plant sterol, beta-sitosterol, helps maintain healthy cholesterol levels which keep your heart happy.Avocados are packed with healthy monounsaturated fats that help to prevent heart disease and certain cancers. Avocados also contain fibre, potassium, vitamin E, folic acid, and magnesium. All of that in one fruit is a great way to keep breakfast simple and healthy.
Eggs are also full of nutrients that keep your heart healthy. The vitamin D found in eggs promote bone health, and prevent osteoporosis and rickets. Eggs are full of protein, vitamin A( (which improves vision), vitamin B2 (which helps aid in digestion), vitamin B12 (which helps produce red blood cells), ( and vitamin E (which helps reduce your risk of cancer). They’re filling too, which keeps you fuller longer. Avocados are full of amazing fats that keep you fuller longer too. Put the two together, and you’ve got a filling, nutritious breakfast.
AVOCADO BAKED EGGS
- 1 avocado
- 2 eggs
- salt and pepper to taste
- Turmeric to taste (optional)
- Cayenne to taste (optional)
- Paprika to taste (optional)
- preheat oven to 425°C (225°C)
- slice avocado in half and remove the seed(set seed to the side)
- spoon out some of the avocado to make room for the egg, and press avocado into baking sheet to give it a flat bottom and prevent it from falling over
- crack one egg in each half of avocado and add salt and pepper (and any other toppings of your choosing, I like paprika, turmeric, and cayenne)
- Put baking sheet with avocado halves into oven and cook until your eggs are done to your liking