A deep red colored phytonutrient synthesized by microalgae called Haematococcus, astaxanthin is grown in fresh water using techniques that encourage it to grow its own medicine to protect it from oxidation, UV radiation, and other environmental stressors.
When harvested this way and concentrated into a liquid, astaxanthin becomes one of the most powerful antioxidants in the natural world, having shown to be 550 times more powerful than vitamin E!
Unlike most antioxidants, it is fat-soluble which means it gets delivered directly to tissues and muscles, and prevents oxidation right at the site of stress or potential oxidation. This ultimately gives your muscles and joints excellent protection from many different degenerative conditions, and also helps kill the inflammation often associated with muscle and joint pain.
Chlorella is a single-cell algae that provides a wide array of nutrients and detoxification benefits that can help offset muscle and joint pain. Some of the key nutrients and benefits include:
• Chlorophyll – an alkaline and cleansing substance that quells acidity and fights inflammation that is often associated with muscle and joint pain.
• Detoxification – toxins are often at the root of muscle and joint pain, and chlorella has a unique ability to bind to toxins (including heavy metals, which are often at the root of severe muscle and joint pain), and remove them from the body.
• Glucosamine – contained in the outer wall, it helps restore cartilage and ligaments.
• Intestinal flora – specialized components of chlorella help encourage growth of beneficial gut flora, which will help promote a healthy immune response. Since muscle and joint pain is often associated with over active immune systems, ensuring you have the proper gut flora is vitally important to relieve muscle and joint pain.
• Minerals – chlorella is a very nutrient and mineral dense food, which is important as a diet lacking important minerals can cause muscle and joint pain.
Magnesium is an essential mineral that is responsible for up to 800 enzymatic processes in the body. It has been called the “miracle mineral” for many reasons, one being its ability to relax muscles and reduce soreness.
Magnesium is critical for muscle and joint health, and with 80 percent of Americans deficient in it, simply getting the proper amount can go a long ways to reducing muscle and joint pain.
Magnesium is also required for proper digestion, and neutralizing inflammatory proteins in the body, both which will help facilitate healthier and more relaxed muscles and joints.
Eliminate all foods that can aggravate muscle soreness
Often the most difficult part of the battle when it comes to reducing muscle soreness and joint pain is eliminating the foods that are constantly causing it. Some of the typical foods that create these issues include:
• Wheat (and any grains containing gluten)
• Seafood (that is toxic and/or tainted with mercury)
• Dairy products (especially pasteurized)
Additionally, environmental factors like heavy pollution and medical procedures like dental amalgams (creating acute mercury and heavy metal poisoning) are also known culprits causing severe muscle and joint pain due to their affinity to lodge into the fatty tissues of the body.
The good news is muscle and joint pain can be naturally alleviated and reversed once you eliminate all the causes and start nourishing your body appropriately.
Original article at Natural News