Is it possible that the skin could convey healing agents into the bloodstream and lymphatic system, reaching organs and glands faster than when absorbed through the digestive system?
Human skin is like a tightly woven fabric, seemingly impervious but porous at the microscopic level. There are thousands of pores on every square inch of skin, acting as a thousand open mouths, absorbing that which is applied to the skin directly into the bloodstream and lymphatic system. Think about nicotine or birth control patches: the skin can be used to bypass the digestive system and convey active ingredients into the body.
Transdermal healing, or healing through the medium of the skin, has been extensively described in many ancient Ayurveda texts of over 5000-year-old.
Some believe that ingesting healing agents and supplements become much less effective due to stomach acids and digestive enzymes. Bypassing the stomach and liver means a much greater percentage of the active ingredient goes straight into the bloodstream where it’s needed. Most digestive systems are not functioning at peak efficiency and cannot properly metabolize the healing agents, or the digestive system is efficient but the liver is sluggish or overloaded with toxins. Furthermore, ingested supplements “cook” in your stomach for multiple hours, similarly to a crockpot, before being released through your body. This process often transforms the molecular structure and healing capacity of the medicine.
Transdermal absorption bypasses these systems, sending healing agents straight where the body needs it via the lymphatic system and bloodstream.
Full Body Detoxification Through the Skin
Did you know that the skin is the largest most important eliminative organ in the body? The skin is responsible for one quarter of the body’s detoxification each day. In most people, this vital route of detoxification is operating far below its capacity, because it is clogged with body toxins excreted through perspiration. When improperly maintained, the elimination duties of the skin are forced upon the kidneys, which often become sick under increased toxic load.
To enhance overall health, support your skin’s natural detoxification processes. Ensure it performs its main functions efficiently, which is allowing toxins to be released from the body. In this way, Ayurveda principles of transdermal absorption can be applied to send detoxifying agents straight into the lymphatic system and bloodstream.
1) The bloodstream is a conveyor that sends detoxification agents to organs, glands, and other transportation systems within the body. This includes the skin, gut, kidneys, liver, lungs, lymphatic system, and mucous membranes.
2) The lymph is considered part of our immune system and is made of white blood cells called lymphocytes and the interstitial fluid that bathe our cells, bringing our cells nutrients and removing their waste. All detoxification occurs first and foremost through the lymph. Our bodies contain far more lymph than blood, which shows how important natural detoxification functions are.
Through detoxification, every organ, gland and system within the body benefits from increased function, further contributing to the full body detoxification.
Optimal skin detoxification has powerful health benefits:
- Increases blood flow and circulation to the skin, encouraging body discharge of metabolic wastes.
- Assists the skin’s absorption of nutrients by eliminating clogged pores.
- Accelerates the clearing of toxins within the body, cleansing organs, supporting the immune system and purifying the entire body.
- Stimulates the hormone and oil glands, thus helping all of the body systems perform at peak efficiency.
- Stimulates the nerve endings, easing individual muscle fibers to activate and move.
- Rejuvenates the nervous system by stimulating nerve endings in the skin.
- Strengthens, stabilizes and regulates immune and metabolic functions.
- Reduces in-body pollutants, heavy metals, carcinogens, toxins, chemicals and free-radicals
Detoxing, or internal cleansing, is essential to restore and maintain optimal health. It is reported to improve the efficiency of the body’s immune, metabolic and lymphatic systems by reallocating the energy previously used to fight toxins, maintaining healthy natural functions. When your body is cleansed, the energy spent will shift from life maintenance to regeneration, promoting vitality and a long disease-free life.
About the author: Marie Be
Original at: wakeup-world.com