Up until now, they have been seen by most Americans as only useful for their pleasant smell, but that is now changing.
Up to 75% of people in the United States. use complementary and alternative medicine (CAM) on a regular basis, and many of these people do so in order to fight cancer.
It won’t be too long when nearly 100% of Americans are giving sickness and disease the boot by focusing on true prevention!
Andtherapeutic grade essential oilsare at the helm of this movement!
Frankincense And Cancer
According to research done by University of Oklahoma Health Sciences Associate Professor H.K. Lin, Ph.D., various species offrankincense(Boswellia)essential oilis unparalleled as a cancer solution.
- Boswellia carteri induces bladder tumor cells, meaning that it targets cancerous cells by killing them and leaves the healthy cells alone.
- Boswellia sacra may be effective for advanced breast cancers as well as for cancer prevention.
- Boswellia sacra is a non-surgical and non-invasive treatment option for skin cancers like basal cell carcinoma.
- Boswellia carteri and Santalum album (sandalwood) both kill cancer, but do so in different ways, which suggests that the two taken together has a unique one-two punch strategy that is more effective than taken alone.
The bottom line is this:
“We have demonstrated that frankincense essential oils prepared by hydrodistillation of gum resins from Boswellia species contain complex chemical constituents and possess anti-cancer activity. Frankincense essential oil activates arrays of genes and pathways that suppress the growth and induce the apoptosis of established human cancer cell lines of different tissue origins. Besides boswellic acids, frankincense essential oil-induced anti-proliferative and pro-apoptotic activities in tumor cells may result from high-molecular-weight compound(s).
Harvesting methods, storage conditions and geographic locations can alter the chemo types of the natural product; therefore, good agriculture practices need to be implemented.
In addition, standardization of distillation procedures and identification of signature compound(s) will be required for quality assurance purposes. Results from preliminary clinical observations suggest that frankincense essential oil may be a viable therapeutic agent for treating a variety of cancers.”
Essential Oil & Breast Cancer Research
Additionally,Boswellia carteri and Santalum album(sandalwood) both kill cancer, but do so in different ways, which suggests that the two taken together has a unique one-two punch strategy that is more effective than taken alone. (7) And not only sandalwood, but other oils as well.
Althoughessential oil researchis still an up-and-coming field, there have been several studies validating the following oils and their effect on breast cancer:
- Black Pepper, Cinnamon, Clove and Oregano
- Clary Sage
- Clary Sage
Author: Dr. Eric Zielinski